IMG recently announced the winners of the 2023 Australian Fashion Laureate awards, recognizing individuals who have made significant contributions to the growth and cultural impact of Australian fashion. The winners in various categories are:
- Designer of the Year: Christopher Esber
- Emerging Designer of the Year: Alix Higgins
- Indigenous Designer of the Year: Deni Francisco from Ngali
- Sustainable Innovation of the Year: Kit Willow for her luxury brand Kitx
- Carla Zampatti Award for Excellence in Leadership: Lisa Havila, Chief Executive of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences
- Australian Fashion Laureate for Lifetime Achievement: Rodney Levis
These awards celebrate the exceptional talents and achievements of individuals who have had a profound influence on Australia’s fashion industry, both culturally and economically. The winners were selected by a panel of industry experts, including past laureate recipients, fashion journalists, stylists, communication specialists, and prominent retail executives. The Australian Fashion Laureate continues to highlight the best in Australian fashion, acknowledging the outstanding contributions and leadership of these distinguished individuals.